No, it's not hump day but Dawn and I finally went out to a huge get together that involved other families, kids, and people. We celebrated Barrett's first birthday this past weekend and although we were hesitant to bring Toshi we decided to just do it. We were going to run into this type of scenario sooner or later and we figured that it's about time.
Overall, it was a great experience as Toshi's feeding worked out perfectly. On Saturday we decided to go to Jack's bball practice and Aya was nice enough to watch over Toshi while he helped coach. Afterwards, we headed to papa's house to shower up and feed Toshi since it was his feeding time. Dawn also brought her pump so she can do that while we are in the car driving to the birthday party (yes ... multitasking at its finest). Anyways, Toshi was great being that he just slept through the entire event.
A lot of people gave Toshi space when they came to see him. I was dreading that there would be people that would want to hold him or touch him but luckily we didn't run into any of that. All in all it was a great "cherry poppin" experience.
As some of you may know (the ones with kids) things aren't always so merry. There are times when he is just crazy fussy. My GO TO is always the pacifier. I don't even bother to try anything else but Dawn .... the pacifier natzi ... told me to not give in so quickly. "NO BINKIE FOR YOU!"
So when he is fussy I try to hold out as long as possible and I got to say that I have improved haha. I do the swaying motion with my hips, I talk to him in an elevated tone, the bounce motion, or a combo of the bounce and swaying, and lastly changing positions of how I'm holding Toshi. IF all of that doesn't work than I go for the binkie. At that point Dawn is cool with me giving it to him hahaha.
So while he was either crazy fussy or calming dawn we were able to get in some shots of our crazy lil' boy. I played with some of the effects on these photos in Adobe Lightroom.








No comments:
Post a Comment