Pumpkin!

Pumpkin!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Be our guest, be our guest ...

Within the past week or two we had quite a few people visit from near and far.

I'll start with our Labor Day weekend BBQ as we had our friends come over to the house and do pot luck style. The spread was soooo good that looking at these pictures makes me want to have a round 2!! Anyways, before we get to the food, Kenji (now living in Hawaii) and his sister Mariko made a stop at our place to meet Toshi.  We actually got Kenji to hold Toshi as well and if anyone knows Kenji he sweats when he holds babies.

You can't see it but Kenji's sweat glands started working instantly as he held Toshi ... hehehe :P I wish I could draw a giant sweat bead but I'm not skilled in photoshop.


After about ... 30 seconds or so Kenji needed a break and Mariko took over. It was a good chance to get a good picture of Kenji and Mariko. Toshi's face is like ...Who is you???


It was super nice to see Kenji and Mariko and especially for them to meet Toshi. We can't wait to hang out, Hawaii Style, with Kenji in a few months when we visit for Christmas. It was great to have everyone over at the house to enjoy the food, drinks, and of course each other's company.

We have Dylan, Justin, and Nari ready to grind some food.

Kalbi

Musubi, Kabocha, daikon slices, seaweed salad mix, green onions, kim chee, salad


Honey glazed chicken, chop chae

Syd and Adrienn were able to come by the house and have a bite to eat as well. This was their first time meeting Toshi too!! We were happy that Toshi doesn't mind being tossed around from person to person haha.


Later in the week Cynthia was in town (visiting from Hawaii) and her sister, Francis, were able to stop by the house, meet Toshi, chat for a bit, and have a quick dinner with us. I think we saw Cynthia when we were in Hawaii back in January so it has been a long time and she was very excited to meet Toshi.

Cynthia and Toshi:

Francis and Toshi:
anddd... group shot!

Toshi has been getting much bigger over the past few weeks and, believe it or not, he will be 3 months in a week!! Dawn and I can't believe how quickly the past few months have flown by.  To see the progress and development of Toshi is just sooo unbelievable.

Toshi has physically gotten bigger and he is finally fitting into most of his onesies. So now, we are cycling through more of his clothes instead of a select 5-7 outfits.  He actually out grew one of his outfits!! Like I said, it's just so amazing that Toshi isn't swimming in his clothes anymore.  He's growing up too quickly!! Ok, ok ... enough excitement haha. Toshi can now wear some awesome clothes .... :D

Toshi is wearing The Hundreds outfit thanks to Bobby and Misa:

He's soooo cute I can't stop kissing his chubster cheeks!! :D

Miles and his humble servants (as he likes to refer to them :P) bought Toshi a Dodger outfit.  The shorts are so big but we had to put it on.

Toshi is now at the point where he can fit in his bath tub without the hammock. We were skeptical at first but he actually fits quite well. Don't worry guys and gals I kept these pics PG this time.

He's probably thinking ... "Hmm... this is a tad bit bigger ... "

 "Well I can still see outside the tub for maximum angle of view here ... "

"Thanks for covering my giant nut sack daddy ... I didn't wanna make anyone jealous ... k, shoots den :)"

Since we were on a role with physical achievements we decided to test out the bumbo!!! Woot woot. Sadly, Toshi isn't quite there yet. He can sorta hold his head up but we don't trust him enough to leave him in there for an extended period of time and without supervision. But ... at least he can fit and fill in the Bumbo.

This picture is soooo cute .. perfect posture, hand position, and look at that smile!! And I made the picture a little soft.


Within all this fun we are able to squeeze in some time to help Miles coach the Venice Pirates. The season has just started and the Pirates are doing an amazing job!! Their practice is questionable since they seem lost but when it comes to game time it's like a switch is turned on and they kill it.  Super happy for these boys. Jack, the superstar with the killer crossover, and Stacy were able to pose with Toshi for a quick second before snack time. Hopefully Toshi can ball with Jack and Stacy one day.


With all this talk about Toshi I had to squeeze in our first son ... with 4 legs haha. He has been doing much better with Toshi and he is always, always following Dawn around with Toshi. No matter if they are home by themselves he will sit in front of Dawn like this:


Kekoa is such an amazing dog and he has adapted to this new change pretty well. He is still unsure of what Toshi is but I think when Toshi becomes mobile he will understand that he is a little boy .. human that is haha. We actually tried to put Toshi right in front of Kekoa and he freaked out and jumped out of the way.  But we are happy that he is always around us with Toshi. 

2 comments:

  1. Some great photos! Love the "soft" one. I forgot to have you carry Riki. She's lighter than Toshi and has more hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! I'm going home for x-mas as well - hope to see you in the isles.

    ReplyDelete