It has certainly been an extremely long time since I have last updated my blog. Needless to say work has been insanely busy and the amount of overtime has been unreal. The paychecks are great but I haven't been spending as much time with my family. So while the money is good (I would hope to get paid for the extra hours) it does suck not being home as much.
I, at least, try to make it home before Toshi goes sleep and 90% of the time I do. After that it's a rush to get our dinner ready, help Dawn cook our lunch/dinner for the rest of the week, and other miscellaneous stuff around the house. For a while we weren't sitting down to eat until 745/800.
Anyways, this past pay period was great since I had Jury Duty. I never been summoned so all of this was a new experience for me. At first I thought, "Crap ... what great timing. I have so much sh*t to do at work and I gotta do this now?!?!?!" After the first day or two I ended up liking it haha. I seriously just kicked it and watched TV in the morning till 9AM. Doing nothing and not working (but getting paid a full 9 hours for jury duty service) was awesome. I feel that people get so caught up at work that they don't really stop to realize what else is going on around them. I was so out of tune with Toshi and Dawn and being able to just sit down, relax, reflect on life for a bit really helped to clear my mind. I was able to spend so much time with Toshi and Dawn that everyday was a blessing. In the end, going to Jury Duty wasn't such a bad thing!!! So with that said I was ready to come back to work and not feel so stressed and tired.
A few weeks ago, we managed to hit the strand and do a little family time. We were all excited, especially Kekoa, to hit the wood chip trail and make our way over to the strand. Toshi loved it and was up for majority of the time until the last 15 minutes of our walk. Here's a quick snapshot:
Toshi has been very animated the last few weeks and I can't wait to show some pictures. I know, I know, you all must be thinking, "WHEN??!?! In a few months??" But I'll honestly make more of an effort to update this frequently. To give you a tease he's nearing his 9 months, sitting up quite well (not crawling though), eating LOTS of solid food, drinking efficiently from his sippy cup, bad case of diaper rash, tons of poop, lots of farts, and baby man boobs.

No comments:
Post a Comment