In the last 8 months I have been on this crazy run of reading, learning, and trying to lose weight AND feel great too. A lot of people think that when you go on a diet that it's temporary but in reality it's a lifestyle change. I'm thankful that Dawn is incredibly supportive of my, "Hey, Boo ... wanna try this out with me??" sorta deals. A lifestyle change won't happen if your spouse or partner isn't on board with you. It only makes it harder because even though you want to eat healthy or differently you'll be constantly battling each other on what to eat.
This all started because I wasn't happy with myself on how I looked, how I felt everyday, and I wanted to get better at basketball. Not only that but I wasn't happy with work either. So it seriously felt like a WTF kinda moment in my life. After several months of talking to Dawn about my situation we finally came to a conclusion on what to do first. I started to talk to other engineers at Northrop and through Miles' friends/acquaintances. This actually helped because one of the persons I was talking to spoke to his lead and expressed to him that I wanted a change in my career. Long story short (without all the cussing and frustration I had from work) I moved to a different group and I couldn't be happier. One thing that I learned from all of this and what Dawn has said to me over and over is that you are only stuck if you choose not to do anything about it.
My lead and situation at work is better and even though it has its challenges I have an entirely new attitude towards it. I don't associate myself with people that hold me back and I can honestly say that I dropped those fools from my work and social life. Not only that but I've come to the mind frame that I will never let work define who I am and what I am capable of. For the longest time I have always felt that work is who I am. But the people that have my back constantly is my family and they should always be #1, not #2. Once I had this attitude everything at work changed. I want to be the best husband, the best father, and best family man I could ever be. I'll still put out great work and effort at work but not with the mind frame that I need approval from these people. I need to be there for my wife and son and it has helped soooo much. One thing in particular is that the bond between me and Toshi has exponentially improved. When I am with him I only focus on him and what he wants to do and I enjoy the moments/days when it's just me and him.
Once work was getting better I took on a challenge to myself to drop some weight. I've read numerous books and listened to multiple podcast on health and nutrition. Some of the books I've read were Wheat Belly and The Bulletproof Diet. I've also poke to a friend of mine every week on managing my macro-nutrient numbers. Let me tell you ... I have never been so satisfied eating what I eat today. I actually eat two to three times MORE than before and I am still in the greatest shape of my life.
This leads me into a shout out to Dawn because we (yes, I promote this to my friends and coworkers as well) are promoting a detox through Arbonne International. This detox is exactly what I've been doing for the last 8 months. The only thing that's different is that it's a program and everything is laid out for you. We actually had to figure this out together and come up with meal plans for the both us which took a lot of work. The detox program does work and I can say that because two people at work have done it ... male and female ... and they have lost 10+ lbs. My coworker who has been on it for almost 2.5 months has lost 20 lbs!!! Amazing!! And he is always satiated with lean protein, healthy complex carbs and healthy fats too! So Dawn has been working her butt off the last 3 months and she is doing GREAT! If any of you want more information let me know or get in touch with Dawn.
Losing weight isn't about working out 7 days a week (don't get me wrong that helps and is essentially icing on the cake) and it comes down to what you are fueling your body with. When I started I got rid of the candy bars, high carb breakfast, cheating on multiple meals every single weekend with pizza, burgers, and beers .. LOTS of beer might I add and I started to drop weight quick. For the first month I was dropping, on average, 2 lbs per week. This is what the detox can basically do for you and I believe in what Arbonne has developed. Eating clean is simple. It's only a matter of how bad you want it and what you are willing to give up ... or how much extra work are you willing to put in as well. Needless to say I was at 197 lbs and 16% body fat and I am now 180 lbs at 10.7% body fat... woohoo!!!
As for Toshi, he has the good life!! Here's Toshi taking a shower like a big boy.
Don't mind my hairy belly lol. Actually, in the first pic Toshi was pointing out my manly nipples muahahaha
While we were at my basketball game today he took a run on the football field



No comments:
Post a Comment